Re: RFS: kst (updated package)

Ruben,

On Tue, 2011-06-28 at 19:55 -0500, Ruben Molina wrote:
> El mar, 28-06-2011 a las 16:12 +0200, David Kalnischkies escribió:
> > On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 15:54, Ruben Molina <rmolina@udea.edu.co> wrote:
> > > Thanks for your help!  Looks like it was wrong to assume a common set of
> > > symbols for all the arches.  May I ask you to remove debian/*.symbols,
> > > and try to build the package again?
> >
> > Set in your debian/rules this instead of removal:
> > export DPKG_GENSYMBOLS_CHECK_LEVEL=0
> >
> > It will cause dpkg-gensymbols to proceed regardless of the symbol-outcome
>
> Thanks David,
> I re-uploaded the package following your advise.
> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/k/kst/kst_2.0.3-1.dsc

thanks. Comments are:

1. Still uses debhelper 7. Could/should be 8.

2. Your symbols obviously contain the debian version for
libkst2math2, libkst2core2, libkst2widgets2

You may want to try pkg-kde-tools using
(http://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/symbolfiles.html) in case your libs
are C++ to lessen the pain a bit.

3. You're not building a lib*-dbg package to help with debugging
including symbols. Would be nice to have one.

4. Just to make sure you've checked. There is a kst binary in stable.
Have you tested the upgrade path if this version enters testing and thus
will become the next stable version? The wnpp bug report reads that KST1
and KST2 are not fully feature-compatible.

5. You've shortened the description compared to the 1.7 version. This
may be a good thing, yet you've dropped entirely the remark that this is
a KDE app. Is it now GNOME/KDE/XFCE/... i.e. freedesktop.org compatible?

Anyhow. Build, signed, uploaded.

Thanks for stepping up as new maintainer.

--
Best regards,
Kilian