Re: RFS: opencsg and openscad

Hi,

Sorry for picking up this RFS so late!

> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "openscad" and its dependency
> "opencsg".
>
> * Package name    : openscad
>   Version         : 2011.04-1
>   Upstream Author : Clifford Wolf and Marius Kintel
> * URL             : http://openscad.org/
> * License         : GPL-2+ with exception for CGAL (libcgal)
>   Section         : contrib/graphics
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> openscad   - script file based graphical CAD environment
>
> The contrib section stems from the dependency on CGAL, which is
> published under the QPL, making it non-free.

Ok, given the license-mess of openscad (your FIXME in debian/copyright looks
interesting...) may I ask you to speak to upstream about adding proper copyright
and license information to each and every source file? Many of them do have this
information, but others lack it. Therefore I'm not right away sponsoring this
package, although it looks really fine otherwise.

> For opencsg, the Mentors EMail Template looks like this:
>
> * Package name    : opencsg
>   Version         : 1.3.0
>   Upstream Author : Florian Kirsch <mail@opencsg.org>
> * URL             : http://opencsg.org/
> * License         : GPL-2+
>   Section         : libs

[...]

This one seemed really fine. Built and uploaded. I hope this works fine as I had
first uploaded the version without source, then dcut rm'd the files, and
reuploaded. Please let me know if there are any problems, i.e., the package
doesn't properly appear in NEW/in the archives.

One thing remains, though: you didn't close the ITPs of either of the packages
in the changelog. Please fix this for the next version of openscad and please
close the bug manually for opencsg.

Best regards,
Michael