Re: RFS: iwtan-gui

On 24/06/2011 22:03, Michael Tautschnig wrote:
> Hi Marco,
>
> [...]
>> This is a demonstrative GUI for the IWTAN library (see my previous mail
>> in this list). It is built upon the QT library. It contains a binary
>> iwtan-gui and its manpage.
>>
> [...]
>
> Before even starting to possible review this package I'm seriously wondering why
> these are separate source packages. Why aren't both the GUI and the library
> built from the same source package? As is, I would expect a number of dependency
> problems to appear!?
>
> Best regards,
> Michael

Hello,
thank you for considering reviewing this package. I have separated the
GUI and the library because they are actually separated projects. The
idea is that, despite they were both coded by me, the gui could be
written (and, in the future, mantained) by someone else just using the API.
I'm not sure that's a good reason, and i can merge the two source
packages if it's considered cleaner.
The point is that I've written the GUI just to give an example of how to
exploit some of the library features (even though the gui is thought to
be nice and useful), and I wanted to keep the example and library codes
separate.

Bests,
Marco