Re: RFS: dbxml

Hi,

> Hi everyone,
>
> 2011/3/5 Lars Buitinck <larsmans@gmail.com>:
> > Dear mentors,
> >
> > I am looking for a sponsor for my package "dbxml".
> > It builds these binary packages:
> > dbxml-doc  - Oracle Berkeley DB XML [HTML documentation]
> > dbxml-util - Oracle Berkeley DB XML utilities
> > libdbxml-2.5 - Oracle Berkeley DB XML libraries [runtime]
> > libdbxml-dev - Oracle Berkeley DB XML libraries [development]
> >
> > The package appears to be lintian clean.
> >
> > The upload would fix these bugs: 573859

[...]

Well, after a long while I got around to review this package. Here are my
observations:

- debian/README.source isn't actually helpful...
- There is no libdb4.8++-dev in sid. It's libdb5.1++-dev now.
- Having installed that, configure fails nevertheless:
  configure: error: /usr not a valid Berkeley DB tree.  Note that Berkeley DB
  must be configured and built with '--enable-cxx'.

Other than this, the package would look fine. Hence if you could figure out how
to update for 5.1, I'd offer to re-review the package (in a more timely
manner!).

Best regards,
Michael