Re: How to make a meta package unremovable?

David Kalnischkies <kalnischkies@gmail.com> writes:
> On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 22:54, Erik Schanze (Debian) <schanzi_@gmx.de> wrote:
>> Does anybody have an additionally idea how to solve this, to prevent the
>> removal of one package without hanging on user input and prevent
>> automatic inclusion in PBuilder installation?
[...]
> What could be done is tweaking resolver scoring points, but honestly:
> that is black-magic even for me -- and as you can only change this for
> priorities it has side-effects for other packages with this priority and
> these would be still allowed to remove your package…
> (i said this only for completeness, i would not recommend to even try it)

sbuild seems to use this when installing build dependencies with the
aptitude-based resolver.  It passes

  -o Aptitude::ProblemResolver::Hints::KeepDummy="reject $dummy_pkg_name :UNINST"

along with some other options (cf. lib/Sbuild/AptitudeResolver.pm in the
sbuild source package).  I don't know whether one wants to use this
somewhere else or not.

Regards,
Ansgar