Re: RFS: RHash - Utility for computing hash sums and magnet links

On Thu, Jun 09, 2011 at 01:09:15PM +0200, Arno Töll wrote:
> On 09.06.2011 12:45, rhash.admin wrote:

Hi,

> > Ok, switched to 8th version for auto-running dpkg-gensymbols, but some
> > DDs (on #d-mentor) prefer to package with 7th debhelper to simplify
> > backporting.
>
> That's right for oldstable. But Lenny is about to become obsolete in a
> forseeable future and your package will most likely not enter Lenny
> anyway. However for Squeeze dh 8 compatibility is fine [1]

debhelper | 8.0.0~bpo50+2  | backports/lenny   | source, all
Depending on debhelper 8.0.0~ could be used to make this possible if wished
for.

I for one don't get it either why people propose packages with old
standards version and compat level. IMO one should be kind of prepared for
the future now and not slack on such things just because they still work and
I don't have to check what's been changed in the requirements.

Sven
--
And I don't know much, but I do know this:
With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.