Re: RFS: RHash - Utility for computing hash sums and magnet links

Hi Alexey,

On 09.06.2011 12:45, rhash.admin wrote:
> Ok, switched to 8th version for auto-running dpkg-gensymbols, but some
> DDs (on #d-mentor) prefer to package with 7th debhelper to simplify
> backporting.

That's right for oldstable. But Lenny is about to become obsolete in a
forseeable future and your package will most likely not enter Lenny
anyway. However for Squeeze dh 8 compatibility is fine [1]

>> * Your upstream sources are missing copyright headers. Please consider
>> adding them.
> There is already Copyleft license file! Why do I need to add Copyrights? :)

You can also add copyleft headers if you care about the wording :>

>> Your debian/copyright provides conflicting license headers. I'm aware
>> yor package is dual-licensed, see DEP-5 on how to specify such use
>> cases
> If it is not reported by lintian, then it doesn't look like official
> requirement. :)

Because DEP-5 is not a requirement at all. DEP-5 is a proposal on its
way to become an official standard which is then most likely reflected
in the policy. Until then Lintian probably won't croak (or care).

It is a good idea to start with DEP-5 for new packages but no
constraint. If you do, you should do it right though nonetheless. :)

Moreover Lintian is not omnipotent (in hope, Niels won't read that :))
and possibly has missing or incomplete checks.

[1] http://packages.qa.debian.org/d/debhelper.html

- --
with kind regards,
Arno Töll