Re: RFS: archivemount (updated package, 3rd try)

On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 08:53:33AM +0200, Sven Hoexter wrote:
> On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 12:35:43PM +0600, Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:
> > On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 11:29:49PM +0300, Nanakos Chrysostomos wrote:
> > > Will this upload resolve the problem of compiling only
> > > to linux and kfreebsd and exclude hurd-i386 architecture?
> > > I changed Architecture Field from any to linux-any.
> > kfreebsd is not linux so setting linux-any you excluded it.
> > I think you need to narrow the arch field only when the code *fails to
> > compile* because, for example, of some linux-only syscall. When it doesn't
> > build because of missing build-deps, that may change in the future so I
> > don't do anything (I'm quite new to Debian packaging so I may be wrong
> > though).

Hi,

> The original problem was that fuse-utils wasn't available on kfreebsd
The problem was not in kfreebsd but in hurd-i386.

> (according to the bugreport). Just yesterday(?) Daniel Baumann adopted
> fuse and changed the package contents and currently fuse-utils is
The problem still remains even if Daniel Baumann has adopted and
uploaded a new version of the fuse package. Please check [0] again to see
that the status of hurd-i386 architecture has a dependency installability.
So even with this change archivemount will remain in the current state
and useless for all linux users. I prefer the package to be sponsored
and used for now only from linux and kfreebsd users and when everything is
ready we will upload the package again including the missing architecture.
I included kfreebsd-any in the Architecture Field and re-uploaded the package.
Please bare in mind that the package remains in the current state for more
than 300 days waiting fuse-utils for the hurd-i386 arch.

> only a dummy package. This requires some re-evaluation of the situation and
> adjustmend of the archivemount depends.

Do we need that for the moment?

Thanks in advance

[0]: https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=fuse