Is it good practice to post a bugrep for your own package?

I recently discovered a bug in the current release of roxterm: the
configuration editor doesn't respond to changes in the text widgets. I'm
surprised nobody else appeared to spot this; I suppose it's only been
used lately by long term users with stable configurations. But it's
quite a serious problem for new users wanting to set it up for the first
time.

I've fixed this upstream in git and will release a new version shortly,
but would it be good practice to report this bug first and close it in
the new release? Besides putting the bug on record maybe that would help
expedite replacement of the broken version in testing?