Re: RFS: undo-closed-tabs-button

On Thu, 26 May 2011, Ludwin Alduvi Hernández Vásquez wrote:
> * Package name : undo-closed-tabs-button

Check the policy for package naming for mozilla or xul extensions, and
follow it.

> It builds these binary packages:
> undo-closed-tabs-button - This add-on allows you to undo closed tabs via a
> toolbar button

Mention it is a xul/firefox/mozilla/whatever add-on in the description.

> My motivation for maintaining this package is: Contribute to debian project,
> and learn about of infrastructure.

This is a _REALLY_ weak reason to upload a package to Debian.

IMO you could contribute a lot more to the project by adopting any of the
hundreds of orphaned packages, which would be a lot more useful than
packaging browser extensions, as the browser already does a very good job of
managing them and updating them.  You can also look for more useful packages
that have been requested as RFP bugs (i.e. ones where it is non-trivial for
the user to use a non-packaged version).

Please fix the package name and descriptions at least.  But I'd rather you
found a more useful package to take care of (note: this is not about how
useful the browser extension is, but rather the fact that we don't gain much
from getting the vast majority of the browser extensions packaged.  The
browser already does a very good job at making it easy for the users to
install/uninstall and keep extensions up-to-date).

  Henrique Holschuh