Re: RFS: cdpr (updated package)

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 07:04:50AM -0500, Matt Zagrabelny wrote:
> On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 4:19 AM, Sven Hoexter <sven@timegate.de> wrote:

Hi,

> Not sure about the breakage with compat level 8. This is where I saw
> the reference to 7:
>
> http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/dother.en.html#compat

That will be almost ever outdated. See man 7 debhelper somewhere near
the end about the compatiblity level and the changes.

> >  A minor point is that you reference /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL
> >  which is not necessarily GPL2+ but still not totaly wrong if you make use
> >  of the '+'. Opinion may vary on that one.
>
> lintian --pedantic complained. I pinged d-devel before and didn't get
> a clear answer, IIRC.

I'm not sure if there will ever be a final answer to such questions. I don't
mind it if you use it this way.

Sven
--
And I don't know much, but I do know this:
With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.