Re: RFS: trng
On 08/05/11 16:31, Torquil Macdonald Sørensen wrote:
TRNG (Tina's Random Number Generator) is a very nice C++ parallel pseudo-random
number generator library that I use within my MPICH2 parallel computer programs
on Debian Sid AMD64 on a dual-core computer. They use Monte Carlo methods, so
quality random number generation is essential.
I'd like to maintain this very nice library as a Debian package, and for that I
need upload sponsorship. Parallel computing is becoming more and more
commonplace, and this is a very easy-to-use and high-quality parallel pseudo
RNG, and is actively maintained upstream.
Some required details:
1) Name of source package: trng. It will create the following binary Debian
packages: libtrng4-0, libtrng-dev, libtrng-dbg, libtrng-doc. The doc-package
contains a very comprehensive high-quality 128-page PDF manual.
2) The license is BSD (3-clause)
3) Short description:
Tina's (pseudo) Random Number Generator Library
4) Long description (taken from the upstream TRNG description):
Tina's Random Number Generator Library (TRNG) is a state of
the art C++ pseudo-random number generator library for
sequential and parallel Monte Carlo simulations. Its design
principles are based on a proposal for an extensible random
number generator facility, that will be part of the random
number generator facility of the forthcoming revision of
the C++ standard.
5) Can be obtained from:
and is "lintian clean".
6) Upstream URL: http://developer.berlios.de/projects/trng
7) PDF manual URL, for those that want to take a peek before downloading the
Oh, and I forgot to mention: This package corresponds to ITP bug #624764.
- RFS: trng
- From: Torquil Macdonald Sørensen <firstname.lastname@example.org>