Re: RFS: gnome-icon-theme-faenza

On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 08:30:08AM +0100, Julien Valroff wrote:
> I also wonder whether it wouldn't be better to split the various themes in 3
> different packages given the size of the unique package (13M).

For most other packages, it would be a good idea.
For eye-candy for Gnome, we're talking about a 13M addition to
multi-gigabyte system (minimal Gnome can be less, but if you have to
trim, you'd install a lighter environment).

Thus, I'd say splitting would just cause confusion for users who would have
to make a decision what to happen at apt level.  A choice at the preferences
dialog level gets a hint (the directory icon) and is instantly visible, at
apt you have just a name.

--
1KB		// Microsoft corollary to Hanlon's razor:
		//	Never attribute to stupidity what can be