Renaming and gzipping upstream changelog

Hi all
Trying to package kpartsplugin (ITP: bug #597110), I get a warning from
lintian (wrong-name-for-upstream-changelog): there's a ChangeLog file from
upstream I listed in debian/docs, but according to the Debian Policy Manual it
should be "gzipped" in changelog.gz

My question is: how to do it? I mean, do I do it manually (and then run
dh_make? and write about it in README.Debian?) or should I put the commands
in some script run during package building?

Thanks for help

Michele