Re: RFS: boodler

2011/3/10 David Banks <amoebae@gmail.com>:
> On 09/03/11 01:48, Артём Попов wrote:
>>
>> The package is in a better shape now. Dear mentors, please look at it
>> again.
>
> Hi Artem, it's working great now!  Thanks for packaging this program, I have
> never seen it before and it looks really useful.
>
> Just a few nitpicks, I don't know how important these are and you might want
> to ignore them.  Just letting you know.
>
> 1.  You already took ownership of #295525 but you should probably change the
> title to ITP.

Thanks for all your comments, David. Bug title now changed.

> 2.  Build warnings about a useless dependency on libpthread.so:
>
> dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libpthread.so.0 could be avoided if
> "debian/boodler-alsa/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/boodle/cboodle_alsa.so
> debian/boodler-alsa/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/boodle/cboodle_alsa.so"
> were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
> [repeat for all plugins]

I don't know a sane way to fix these warnings, so any advice would be
most welcome (perhaps --as-needed linking flag does help?).

> 3.  Substvar warning in the build process:
> dpkg-gencontrol: warning: package boodler: unused substitution variable
> ${python:Versions}
> [repeat for all binary packages]

This warning appeared after dh_python2 migration and I think it's
specific to dh_python2. Speaking of it, I found the following
discussion on debian-python, although it didn't reveal anything about
possible fixes:

http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-python@lists.debian.org/msg06785.html

> Hopefully a DD can pick this up now and upload it.  Anyone?  :)

Hopefully so, if the warnings above aren't blocking the upload.
Otherwise, I'd glady hear any suggestions on how to fix them.

--Artem