installing manpages from the debian/ directory
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: installing manpages from the debian/ directory
- From: Lars Buitinck <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 14:46:43 +0100
- Message-id: <AANLkTik4Csd-HbtQSea=UbfN8Tg8UZLcCoj6QVD01bPS@mail.gmail.com>
I'm building a bunch of binary packages from a single source package.
One of these packages is called dbxml-util and installs a bunch of
tools for handling a file format. I wrote manpages for these tools,
but am a bit confused as to how to install them.
I read http://www.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/ch-dother.en.html#s-manpage
which states "you should install them using dh_installman(1) by
listing them in the package.manpages files". If I put the manpages in
debian/manpages and fill in debian/dbxml-util.manpages as
will that get all the manpages installed? Or do I need to call
dh_installman from debian/rules? Do I list them relative to the
debian/ dir, or relative to the top-level source dir?