RFS: xnbd

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "xnbd".

* Package name    : xnbd
  Version         : 0.0.3+hg20110210-1
* Upstream Author : Takahiro Hirofuchi <t.hirofuchi@aist.go.jp>
* URL             : https://bitbucket.org/hirofuchi/xnbd/wiki/Home
* License         : GPL-2+
  Programming Lang: C
  Section         : admin

It builds these binary packages:
xnbd-client - a Network Block Device client with support for Live Migration
xnbd-server - a Network Block Device server with support for Live Migration

The upload would fix these bugs: 612817

My motivation for maintaining this package is: I plan to use this
package myself on my existing Debian Xen cluster for live migration.
Since I don't want to build source packages on productive environments I
decided to do my own Debian package. Moreover I have a general interest
to become involved into Debian development (please note there is another
ITP [1] I own, where I would await a review and/or sponsorship), so I
would like to share my package.

The Debian packages distribute man pages which have been written by me.
I will propose the man pages I wrote and include into the binaries to
upstream as soon as I sent this mail. It may be worth noting a native
speaker perhaps should review them.

- - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable
main contrib non-free
- - dget
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/x/xnbd/xnbd_0.0.3+hg20110210-1.dsc

FWIW: xNBD derived from the original NBD package and still shares code
with it afaict. This might bring up the question whether it is legal to
distribute xNBD as GPL-2+ (I can't tell xNBD is a fork though). The
license statements made by ustream are a bit misleading and perhaps
incomplete, as he seems to use the word GPL-2/GPL-2+ exchangeable.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2011/01/msg00276.html, note
Stig Sandbeck Mathisen uploader of Varnish and Munin packages denoted an
interest to sponsor me there, so that ITP /may/ ignored. I just
mentioned it for the sake of completeness.

- --
with kind regards,
Arno Töll
GnuPG Key-ID: 0x8408D4C4