Re: RFS: dropbox

On Thu, 17 Feb 2011, Vincent Cheng wrote:
> Thank you for pointing that out; I'll make sure that is fixed in my next
> upload to Debian mentors. Would it be all right if I simply included rsync
> as one of Dropbox's dependencies, instead of including rsync binaries
> directly in the source tarball? i.e. would I still have to provide the
> source code that way?

That's the correct fix indeed. You must then repackage the upstream
tarball to drop the binary files whose sources are not provided.

But as people pointed out, there's more than rsync in the tarball. And I
don't know if dropbox is compatible with the current version of all those
libraries.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer