Re: RFS: dropbox

Thank you for all the replies so far!

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 11:19 PM, Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> wrote:
Hi,

On Tue, 15 Feb 2011, Vincent Cheng wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "dropbox". This package was
> previously in Debian's repositories (its former maintainer was Ivan
> Borzenkov <ivan1986@list.ru>), but it was removed due to unresolved issues
> with licensing. I have edited debian/copyright and fixed the issues
> mentionned in a few bug reports, to the best of my abilities, and am willing
> to fix any further issues identified in the package.

Dropbox also provides integration with nautilus. Have you considered
including this or packaging it separately?

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

                     ▶ http://RaphaelHertzog.fr (Français)

I plan on packaging Dropbox's nautilus plugin in a separate package, which I will work on once I've fixed any remaining issues with my packaging of Dropbox itself.

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 1:32 AM, Ansgar Burchardt <ansgar@debian.org> wrote:
Hi,

Vincent Cheng <vincentc1208@gmail.com> writes:
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "dropbox". This package was
> previously in Debian's repositories (its former maintainer was Ivan
> Borzenkov <ivan1986@list.ru>), but it was removed due to unresolved
> issues with licensing. I have edited debian/copyright and fixed the
> issues mentionned in a few bug reports, to the best of my abilities,
> and am willing to fix any further issues identified in the package.
>
> These are the bug reports mentionned above:
http://bugs.debian.org/610257
http://bugs.debian.org/610300
http://bugs.debian.org/610303
[...]
The package still includes software licensed under the LGPL for which no
source is provided (at least amd64/librsync.so.1, amd64/_librsync.so,
i386/librsync.so.1, i386/_librsync.so according to debian/copyright).

Regards,
Ansgar