RFS: triggerhappy

Dear mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "triggerhappy".

* Package name    : triggerhappy
  Version         : 0.3.3-1
  Upstream Author : Stefan Tomanek <stefan.tomanek+th@wertarbyte.de>
* URL             : https://github.com/wertarbyte/triggerhappy
* License         : GPLv3
  Section         : utils

It builds these binary packages:
triggerhappy - global hotkey daemon for Linux

My motivation for maintaining this package is:

I've written this little ademon software to allow the global handling
of hotkeys. While many window managers offer such a functionality, they
require a specific user being logged in, having the focus and running an
X session. Triggerhappy observes the input device files provided by the
kernel and can react to pressed keys, switches and buttons even on
headless systems. It offers a few distinct features that set it apart from
the few existing solutions:

 * system scope

   There is no need for anyone being logged in, since the daemon
   operates on a system wide scale, allowing e.g. the regulation of
   volume while using the console or the login manager

 * hotplug capabilities

   A running triggerhappy daemon (thd) can handle an arbitrary number
   of input devices; devices can be added and removed without restarting
   the daemon. A udev rule to inform the daemon about new devices is included.

 * optional exclusive grabbing of devices

   While usually running alongside the normal X session, thd can grab devices
   exclusively when instructed to do so; this way input events from those devices
   won't be handled by other software

 * generating synthetic events

   triggerhappy can not only launch arbitrary commands, but also generate input event
   itself by using uinput. By doing so, thd can grab input events from a device exclusively
   while channeling or even remap selected input events

 * support of different modes

   The triggerhappy daemon supports modes, allowing one to define several sets of key binding.
   Modes can be switched on-the-fly using the th-cmd command line utility or a predefined key

Having this package uploaded to Debian would fill the gap I tried to fill by
developing and packaging this tool; I'm using it on my notebook systems to
regulate volume as well as my armel-Dockstar systems to control an mpd media
player, where it proved useful as well due to its low memory footprint.

- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/t/triggerhappy/triggerhappy_0.3.3-1.dsc

Kind regards
 Stefan Tomanek