Re: RFS: ncmpcpp (updated package)

Hi,

On Fri, 07 Jan 2011, Damien Leone wrote:
> The package can be found here:
> - dget http://debian.fensalir.fr/ncmpcpp/ncmpcpp_0.5.6-1.dsc

Uploaded. A few comments to fix for the next time:

- you build-depend on libcurl4-dev but it's a virtual package, you should
  instead build-depend on "libcurl4-gnutls-dev | libcurl4-dev" to give a
  hint to the build daemon as to which version of the package they are
  supposed to use... (if it's libcurl4-nss-dev that is preferred then
  update the dependency accordingly).

- it's weird to add an upstream changelog in a debian patch, you should
  try to find a way to have upstream generate that changelog
  automatically. For dpkg we have modified "make dist" to generate
  the changelog from the git repository. Maybe you could propose a patch
  for this to upstream?

- this upload changes the timestamp of a previous changelog entry:

- -- Damien Leone <damien.leone@fensalir.fr>  Thu, 09 Dec 2010 15:31:32 +0100
+ -- Damien Leone <damien.leone@fensalir.fr>  Sat, 04 Dec 2010 16:53:17 +0100

  I don't know why... probably a mistake.

- there's no lintian warning but I get an "info" level message:
  I: ncmpcpp: spelling-error-in-binary ./usr/bin/ncmpcpp informations information
  You could report that to upstream.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer