Re: RFS: git

Piotr Ożarowski wrote:
> [Jonathan Nieder, 2011-01-14]

>> Another week, another -rc (1:1.7.4~rc2-0.1).  I sent an RFS for -rc0
>> two weeks ago; this is just a followup.  The target distribution of
>> this proposed NMU is experimental.
[...]
>> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/g/git/git_1.7.4~rc2-0.1.dsc
>>
>> I would be glad for any thoughts you have.
>
> there are too many changes for a NMU, IMO

Thanks, and of course you are quite right.

I am very happy with Gerrit's maintenance of git, and I assume he has
been happy with my contributions.  Probably I should have sent a patch
to be part on Uploaders before, to avoid this question coming up.  I
didn't think of it because I am not a DD and I have a bit of a
democratic spirit (the second-worst kind), so I was happy to be
providing an example to others that you don't have to be formally
involved to contribute to Debian.

In any event, my only complaint with this maintenance is that every
once in a while there is a vacation.  I am happy that the vacations
are declared on a public list rather than contributors having to guess
but in this case that means there is no designated maintainer for a
certain period for some of the packages I am interested in.

I will wait.  Would announcements of prepared packages in the meantime
still be welcome?