Re: RFR: webalizer - web server log analysis program

On Sat, 15 Jan 2011 22:39:53 +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:

> On 01/15/2011 03:54 AM, gregor herrmann wrote:
> > I don't agree here; I've seen and been involved in quite a few
> > maintainer handovers that worked perfectly without involving the BTS.
> >
> > Of course if the new maintainer needs a sponsor, the sponsor will
> > want to see some proof of the old maintainer's admission.
> Which is what I am asking here!!! Jonathan talked about a private email.
> I wont
> sponsor an upload that would take-over the package just based on that.

Ok, I agree in this case; until now I got the impression that you
were talking about handing over maintainership in general.

Maybe our confusion comes from the fact that Jonathan seems to ask
about a _review_ (and not an upload) and you were already thinking
about potential spnsorship in the future?

> > I'm rather unfamiliar with git but sometimes I stumble over packages
> > maintained in git anway; and I haven't seen upstream-sid and
> > debian-sid branches yet. Who/where (team, tool, ...) is this schema
> > used?
> I first tried to do my packaging trying to integrate with the work of the
> pkg-php team. I maintain lots of php-* (PEAR packages), and that is what
> Raphael Geissert and others advised me to do.

I see, thanks!

Cheers,
gregor

--