Re: Review of pev

2011/1/11 Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo <manuel.montezelo@gmail.com>:
> Hello again,
>
> On Tuesday 11 January 2011 22:50:45 Fernando Mercês wrote:
>> Scott, thank you. It's very clear for me now.
>>
>> I have just uploaded my package.
>
> I don't know where you get the instructions, but I think that you got some
> things wrong (somebody will correct me if it's me who is wrong, hopefully).
> I had to follow these steps to get the right files:
>
> $ dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/pev/pev_0.22-1.dsc
> [...]

Thanks Manuel, your comments are right. The directory needs to be
fixed and it would be nice to use source format 3.0 (quilt).

Fernando: please run lintian on your .changes file after you build the
binary packages. That will cause lintian to scan your source package
and binary packages at the same time. Use the --pedantic and -I
options (e.g. "lintian --pedantic -I {your_.changesfile}") That should
catch the errors Manuel found. Also, you don't need the debian/*.dirs
file. You can also consider using DEP5 for the debian copyright file
[1]. It's not required, but something that is being used more and
more.

[1] http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep5/

Cheers,
Scott