Re: RFS: admesh (updated package)

Hi,

Anton Gladky <gladky.anton@gmail.com> writes:
> I just want to ask, how do you get those warnings, for example:
>>   lintian: debian-changelog-line-too-long
> I use the same lintian 2.4.3 and do not get this message.

How do you start lintian?  There are checks for both source (*.dsc) and
binary (*.deb) packages and if you give only the source package as an
argument, lintian will not check the binary package:

  $ lintian admesh_0.95-8.dsc
  [ no output ]
  $ lintian admesh_0.95-8_amd64.deb
  E: admesh: copyright-should-refer-to-common-license-file-for-gpl
  W: admesh: debian-changelog-line-too-long line 2
  W: admesh: debian-changelog-line-too-long line 5

You can also run lintian on the *.changes file to check both source and
binary packages at the same time:

  $ lintian admesh_0.95-8_multi.changes
  E: admesh: copyright-should-refer-to-common-license-file-for-gpl
  W: admesh: debian-changelog-line-too-long line 2
  W: admesh: debian-changelog-line-too-long line 5

Some less important tags are only shown when you use the
-I/--display-info option.  You can get an explanation for the tags with
either passing -i/--info to lintian or `lintian-info --tags [tag]':

  $ lintian -iI admesh_0.95-8_multi.changes
  I: admesh source: debian-watch-file-is-missing
  N:
  N:    This source package is not Debian-native but it does not have a
  N:    debian/watch file. This file is used for automatic detection of new
  [ ... ]

Regards,
Ansgar