Re: RFS: obexpushd (adopted one upload ago)

On Sat, Jan 01, 2011 at 02:00:46AM +0100, Gabriele Giacone wrote:

> > Uploaded to experimental (cause of the freeze).
>
> There are no reverse B-D/Depends so I guess unstable would have been
> good too or better, no need to reupload it when squeeze is out.

That's not only about reverse deps. Say eg someone finds something RC
buggy in the 0.10.2 package currently in unstable and testing. Now you've
got a fix which should reach testing sometime in the future. If you've already
0.11.1 in unstable you can't upload a 0.10.2-2 package to unstable so this
has to go through t-p-u. This in turn has the disadvantage that it won't be
exposed to all unstable users which in turn can not check on a broader scale
that your -2 upload is indeed working.
The opinion on this topic might vary but I for one prefer it to stick with
the principal to keep the usual way of migration through unstable instead of
t-p-u.

Cheers,
Sven
--
And I don't know much, but I do know this:
With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.