Re: Default Configuration Issues

Le samedi 14 août 2010 14:16:14, Paul Tagliamonte a écrit :
> > In general, a change in behavior can be handled gracefully with some
> > time for "transitions", so that they users can adapt to that (before
> > that becomes the default) and with a conspicuous notice (say, in NEWS).
>
> Hurmm. This makes perfect sense. Is there anything I can do after the
> fact? I've done the damage, and I'd really not like to leave people
> with half-working installs of fluxbox when they upgrade.

Hmm, I may not have an immediate solution, but this is an interesting use case
for configuration upgrade based on config-model [1]. Although in this case we
are dealing with config files stored in user's home dir.

I can come up with a scheme to upgrade fluxbox config file, but I wonder if
modification of /home/*/fluxbox/ files is acceptable when upgrading a package?

All the best

Dominique

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/PackageConfigUpgrade

--