Re: Helping out during Freeze

Chris <racerx@makeworld.com> writes:

> I admit, I am still very new to this process.
> If I can, I would be glad to help out during the Freeze process

Thanks for your interest and incentive to work to improve Debian.

> if any kind soul would be willing to discuss this off list with me.

Better to keep the discussions on-list, to also help other people who
may be reading.

The obvious response for how to help: Pick a package that you use, look
at its reported bugs, pick one — the higher severity the better. Fix the
bug, test that you've done so, cereate a patch, submit the patch to the
bug report. Rinse and repeat from the top.

--
 \          “Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without |
  `\      having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it |