multiple libraries in 1 package

I have a package where I want to include 4 libraries
How should look a shlibs file for such  a package ?
when applying dpkg-shlibdeps  command  for such a package , should I feed
in all the 4 libraries as the executable in one call
of this command in order to generated the .substvars file  of the package
?

It turns out that  the .deb  formed for the package (dpkg-deb) shows all
the 4 libraries packed inside ( under ../usr/lib after running: dpkg -c)
as should.  . But when it comes to installing the package (dpkg -i ) it
installs only 2 of the libraries which have a common name with the package
 name .
To illustrate: The package name is : libvae
The libraries included :
libvae.so.1
libvaeUtil.so.1
libvirtExt.so.1
libvhi.so.1

the dpkg -i installs only the first 2 libraries.

I tried to define shlibs file as follows:

libvae 1       libvae
libvaeUtil 1 libvae
libvirtExt 1   libvae
libvhi 1        libvae

i.e all libraries are members of the same package (libvae) with major
soname version 1 .   But that does not help or change anything about the
install. Is the shlibs file definition correct ?

Any help ?

Zvi Dubitzky
Email:dubi@il.ibm.com
IBM Haifa Research Laboratory    Phone: +972-4-8296182
Haifa, 31905, ISRAEL