An old version of a conffile is not in the current deb. Yet is is listed locally.

  Some time ago, the extlinux package has renamed a conffile:
/etc/kernel/post{inst,rm}.d/extlinux -> /etc/kernel/post{inst,rm}.d/zz-extlinux.
That is, a zz- prefix was added to basename.
  Indeed, http://packages.debian.org/sid/i386/extlinux/filelist mentions only
zz-extlinux.  I have the latest version installed.  In my case, dpkg -L
mentions both zz-extlinux and extlinux.  Is this a bug?  (Only zz-extlinux
is mentioned in /var/lib/dpkg/info/extlinux.conffiles.)  It might worth
saying that in the past, I modified the extlinux conffile, which is probably
the reason that I also have extlinux.dpkg-dist.
  If I will remove the old conffile (extlinux), will dpkg notice?