Re: RFS: snap2 rsync-based backup program with GUI (with Debian source)

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 06:49:10PM -0600, Lloyd Standish wrote:
> I looked at zenity.  From the man page which describes the command line options, I don't think it is capable of a complex dialog with different types of input fields and action buttons, all available in the same multi-tabbed (or menued) dialog. Gtkdialog uses a form of xml to build such complex dialogs.
>
> I am also looking at other options (such as gtk2-perl).  However, my job allows me little time for rewriting snap2 in a different language.  In addition, I have to consider that snap2 may not be as interesting or as important to Debian users as I like to imagine.  What time I have for Debian might better be spent helping with an established Debian project.

Hi Lloyd,

I just looked for other gtkdialog alternative and ended on a french
ubuntu forum where guys found that gtkdialog disappeared from lucid too
so they ended up writing a new stuff, you can find it here: the source
comes with a demo, well every texts are in french but that should not
limit you to find out if this tool will work for you.

http://code.google.com/p/glade2script/downloads/list

It seams to be really young though...

Anyway, If you think it can work I can try to push for some
translations (or even write some).

Best Regards

--
Julien Viard de Galbert                        <julien@vdg.blogsite.org>