Re: LeJOS NXJ Packaging

Hi Chris,

[...]
> It needs to be built with softfloats and interworking enabled and needs
> to be built with a specific version of the gcc (4.3.x, not the current
> one).

In this case you might want to ship gcc 4.3.x together with your package, build
it first, and then compile the firmware. Note that version 3 source packages may
be built from multiple archive files, which should simplify packaging quite a
bit.

> When I say patch up the release, I mean I am going to have to apply lots
> of patches to many files to make the lejos nxj package it work under
> Debian.

You might want to speak to upstream to get the package cleaned up. It seems to
me that the resulting Debian package will be a lot cleaner as it will have the
complete tool chain to build the package and not contain lots of duplicated
code. Sure, this is not the easiest thing to achieve, but it seems worthwhile.

Best,
Michael