How to Deal with files created dynamically

Hello Mentors,

I am looking at creating packages that involve programs that create
caches while running of images or other files. But I am a bit stumped at
what to do with the files they create, both where they are meant to go
and with what permissions. Both programs build there caches off system
wide data so it would be good if the caches are available system wide. I
am sorry if this description is a bit vague.

The programs I am looking at are terrasync, part of the Flightgear
package and a new package I am thinking of building signs that enables
floating signs within Flightgear.

Thanks,

Chris