Re: RFS: swftools

On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 8:58 PM, Dr. Tilo Levante <tilo@levante.de> wrote:

> Thank you for the link. I was searching, but did not find the reason for the
> removal.
> Is there a way to find all Bug reports for a removed package?

Go to the PTS page, click on the removed link, click on the removal bug link.

http://packages.qa.debian.org/s/swftools.html
http://packages.qa.debian.org/s/swftools/news/20100124T001657Z.html
http://bugs.debian.org/566575

> What is the reason for the request to switch to poppler? I could not find a
> hint.

The bug report mentions security issues, I assume those are associated
with the embedded code copy of xpdf mentioned in the bug report.
poppler is a shared library fork of xpdf. Moving to a shared library
instead of an embedded code copy means that the security team have one
package to patch instead of many.

--
bye,
pabs