Re: RFS: tivion (updated package)

On 06/25/2010 09:50 PM, Angel Guzman Maeso wrote:

>>> I already use iso-codes:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-1
>>>

>> (this is the only bit I can help)
>>
>> I think he meant the iso-codes Debian package:
>> http://packages.debian.org/sid/iso-codes
>>

> I install the package, but how to use? And how to implent this with python?
> Some guide or tutorial? Google dont help.
less /usr/share/doc/iso-codes/README.gz has this:
> To use this translation infrastructure, the programmer just needs
> to call dgettext() in their program.
>
> Example:
>     dgettext("iso_639", "French")
> will return the translation for "French", depending on the
> current locale.
I haven't look at your code, so I don't know if this is what you are
looking for.

>> Also, as your program is in Python you might want to move into team
>> maintenance under Debian-Python. That might help you find a sponsor
>> more quickly.
>>

> Some IRC channel or list for ask help?
channel on OFTC. You can post your RFS to the list and put your package
name in the /topic.

If you do, you will need to maintain your package with debian-python
(i.e become a member of Python Apps Packaging Team [1] or Debian Python
Modules Team), maintain your debian/ directory in their SVN.

The Python Policy [2] applies whether or not you maintain your package
with PAPT or DPMT.

Also, don't know if this has already been mentioned, you normally say
(updated package) in the subject of your RFS only if the package is
already in Debian. I've made the same mistake myself. :-)

HTH

[1]: http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/PythonAppsPackagingTeam
[2]: http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/python-policy/