Re: RFS: notorious-women

Sorry for the damage caused by my message about the package being
"sexist".

I just wished to point out this to you, since I very well know that, in
order to get packages accepted in Debian, the package name must be
well-formed. Just take the case of my package gnome-media-player. I
submitted the RFS two months ago, and got a large number of replies,
everyone saying "How can you use this package name? It is *not* the
official GNOME's Media Player (Totem Is) and so you should change the
package name." No one ever seemed to care even after I said that the
package is already in Ubuntu ( proof at
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-media-player ). I was finally
forced to get the package into Ubuntu and give up Debian (the upstream
advised this).

If package names matter so much, then I felt like this package might
also not get accepted into the archives. Sorry for being harsh in my
comments. Will take care of it from next time onwards.

Cheers,
Bilal Akhtar