Re: RFS: notorious-women

On Thursday 17 June 2010 13:16:08 Bilal Akhtar wrote:
> Isn't this a sexist package?

Sexist against women?  Maybe.

At the very least, "notorious" has a had a negative denotaion since the 1600s,
and probably shouldn't be applied without good justification.  I'd prefer a
more neutral or positive term be used.  "Famous" is probably sufficient.

Sexist against men?  Probably.

Excluding quotes from this package on the sole grounds that they are from a
male is the very definition of sexist.  That said, I don't find it to be
offensive sexism; it is simple categorization with no ulterior motives that I
can imagine.