Re: Asking for DMUA: Yes while seeking first sponsor

Le Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 10:57:57AM +0200, Jakub Wilk a écrit :
> * Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org>, 2010-06-15, 10:14:
>> I'd personally like to see DMUA move from source packages to a mail bot
>> or LDAP or something else.
>
> Same here. While I endorse the concept of Debian Maintainers, I am very
> unhappy with the way it is currently implemented.

Dear all,

did the current implementation trigger any accident, or even a dangerous
situation where an accident was avoided?

This list is becomming quite high traffic with requests for reviewing whole
packages. I prefer when the DM can upload soon, and correct imprefections by
upload. Then this list can refocus on its original raison d'être, which is
to ask questions about packaging when there is a doubt, instead of being an
upload hub for packages that are not maintained in a team containing DDs.

I think that being critical about his own packages is by far the most important
skill for a DM and a DD. In the few cases where I sponsor packages unrelated to
my main team (Debian Med, where we regulate upload rights through the Uploaders
fields instead of the DMUA field, which is set to yes by default), I tend to
grant upload rights as soon as the DM shows good signs of self-evaluation.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Illkirch, France