Re: RFC: Using git/collab-maint/PET for debian-mentors.

On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 10:05 PM, Tim Retout <diocles@debian.org> wrote:

>      * Maintaining packages in git in collab-maint. (I don't think we
>        want a separate pkg-mentors repository, because once people
>        graduate from mentors they would feel compelled to move away.)

As said on IRC, "cue anti-git flamage". In debian we use a multitude
of version control systems and we shouldn't impose choice of a
specific VCS nor force people to use a VCS. I personally maintain
packages in git, in SVN and in no VCS and prefer either no VCS or SVN
for teams.

>      * Using PET or similar to show which packages need review, and
>        keep track of bugs/upstream versions. (Minor issue: I don't know
>        how easy this is without putting the whole of collab-maint into
>        PET.)

IIRC PET doesn't yet support git.

>      * Optionally co-ordinating on IRC in #debian-mentors, as well as
>        via notes at the top of debian/changelog.

I imagine this happens already?

--
bye,
pabs