Re: A lot of pending packages

Hi all,

I don't agree with you on the reasons. The thing is, PHP applications in
Debian
aren't made to support multiple instance. The result being that it
doesn't make
sense to use them, because you wont be able to have more than a single site
with it.

If there was a move toward multiple instances using a single package, I am
quite sure that the situation would be different.

I didn't think the problem is in debian, even if I agree you.

There's not so many web applications (PHP or what ever language you want) that could be installed one time and provide many instances.
If people upstream don't think (and manage code in that way) about providing multiple instance with the same installation, maintainer's job will be too difficult.

Nicolas