Re: RFS: 'snap2' rsync-based backup program with GUI

Hi,

Since my snap2 source is debianized, I though maybe this could be a "Debian native package," and avoid the diff.gz entirely.  However, in the debian-mentors FAQ by Matthew Palmer (http://people.debian.org/~mpalmer/debian-mentors_FAQ.html) I see the following advice:

"When to use a native vs a non-native debian package
You should only use a native Debian package when it is clear that the package would only ever be of use in Debian. Even if the software is currently only available in Debian, if someone could reasonably use the software on another distribution or on another operating system, then the package should be non-native."

Since my snap2 backup program is most definitely useful outside of Debian, it should apparently NOT be a Debian native package.

Lloyd