Re: RFS: xburst-tools

On Sat, Jun 05, 2010 at 12:38:15PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 12:13 PM, Jonathan Nieder <jrnieder@gmail.com> wrote:
> > This part was my doing, sorry.  It should be possible to build these
> > on mipsel [...], but that makes it difficult for people without access
> > to a non-pocket-sized MIPS machine to test the build process.  From
> >
> >  http://db.debian.org/machines.cgi?sortby=architecture&sortorder=asc
> >
> > I infer that there is not even a mipsel porterbox available to DDs.
>
> A temporary solution to this would be to find a sponsor with a Debian
> mips/mipsel install on MIPS hardware.

Is there any reason qemu-mipsel isn't good enough?

You can find a detailed howto at:
http://www.aurel32.net/info/debian_mips_qemu.php

but if you want just an usable system ASAP, go straight to:
http://people.debian.org/~aurel32/qemu/mipsel/

and two wgets and apt-get install qemu later, you're one command away from
fully working lenny.  It's not a speed demon so dist-upgrade further will
take a while, but then, the real thing isn't fast either...

Meow!
--
1KB		// Microsoft corollary to Hanlon's razor:
		//	Never attribute to stupidity what can be