Re: editing former patches

Mihamina Rakotomandimby <mihamina@gulfsat.mg> wrote on 2010-06-04 17:10:
> This will skip all the patches. It helps me.
> Now, how to split the diff.gz in order to select the only patches I
> want?

For this work I recommend to make the usual unpack:

dpkg-source -x --skip-patches  foo.dsc   (for format 3.0)
  or
dpkg-source -x foo.dsc  (for format 1.0)

and then use the both theme files inside debian directory:
 - debian/debian-moreblue.shar
 - debian/debian-moreblue-orbit.shar

Start these script files as shown in debian/rules:
  sh debian/debian-moreblue.shar
  sh debian/debian-moreblue-orbit.shar

The result should be:
 -> debian/debian-moreblue/
 -> debian/debian-moreblue-orbit/

Then you need to change a line in slim.conf (see one patch file):
 # current theme, use comma separated list to specify a set to
 # randomly choose from
-current_theme       default
+current_theme       debian-moreblue-orbit

Fondest regards,
 Joachim Wiedorn