Re: RFS: roxterm (updated package)

Tony Houghton writes:
> On Sun, 23 May 2010 16:06:40 +0300

Hi,

> George Danchev <danchev@spnet.net> wrote:
> > Tony Houghton writes:
> > > I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 1.18.3-1
> > > of my package "roxterm".
> > >
> > > It builds these binary packages:
> > > roxterm    - Multi-tabbed GTK/VTE terminal emulator
> > >
> > > The package appears to be lintian clean.
> > >
> > > The package can be found on mentors.debian.net:
> > > - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable
> > > main contrib non-free - dget
> > > http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/r/roxterm/roxterm_1.18.3-1.d
> > > sc
> > >
> > > I would be glad if someone uploaded this package for me.
> > >
> > > When I released the previous version I was contacted by a DD offering
> > > to sponsor roxterm and help me become a DM, but when I told him George
> > > Danchev had already uploaded it he said I didn't need his help after
> > > all.
> >
> > This is true. Count me as second advocate, if needed.
> >
> > > However, should I try for DM status anyway?
> >
> > Yes, that would speed up the uploads and avoid some time dups:
> >
> > http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer
>
> Hi,
>
> This still hasn't been uploaded. Are you waiting for me to become a DM
> and upload it myself? I've been a bit too preoccupied for that lately,
> but could probably start now.

Well, have your time, and start at your convenience, of course.

> Or did you send me an email about it to
> which I haven't replied? I got a notification from the list server last
> week that my address had been bouncing; hopefully just "retry later"
> bounces because it had been down for a few hours.

Ops, apparently I forgot to reply to that (i.e. previous) mail for some reason
a week ago, sorry about that. I had a look at the src diff against the version
in sid, got lost into that, and decided that large change like that to fix few
decorative bugs does not justify the risk to eventually introduce fresh bugs
to the package already found in sid for a month, while Debian is approaching a
release. I'd be glad if a more capable reviewer give it a try., and eventually
upload, if necessary. Do we really have good reasons, to worry about roxterm
1.18.2-1 in testing and sid?

--
pub 4096R/0E4BD0AB <people.fccf.net/danchev/key pgp.mit.edu>