Re: RFS: liboauth (Updated package)

On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 11:39 PM, Robin Gareus <robin@gareus.org> wrote:

> Well, in practice it does not make much of a difference if the program
> exit(1) or segfaults if it encounters an out-of-memory error, does it :)

Well, a program could print an error instead of just crashing. Making
the lib return to the app in error scenarios helps facilitate that.

> Anyway I figured it's easier to just replace GPL-xmalloc with some
> equivalent.. done in >= liboauth 0.8.0.

Great :D

> Since liboauth-0.7.2 '--enable-nss' is available which makes liboauth
> use NSS instead of OpenSSL.

Excellent. I'd suggest making this the default and making ./configure
warn about the issue when you use --enable-openssl.

> The packaging (debian/ folder in the source-repo) is still GPL; but
> that's mostly for my own convenience and once you're done I'm happy to
> remove it from the source (unless you suggest otherwise).

I personally prefer debian/ to not be present in upstream source
tarballs. By all means keep it in the VCS though.

>> How are you building the manual page? Your Makefile.am doesn't list
>> any commands for doing so.
>
> The top-level Makefile.am contains:
>
> stamp-doxygen: src/oauth.h doc/mainpage.dox
>  $(DOXYGEN) Doxyfile && touch stamp-doxygen
>  cp doc/man/man3/oauth.h.3 doc/oauth.3

Aha, well you could add a sed command to the end of that.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise