Re: Possible trimming of build dependencies

On Sun, May 16, 2010 at 12:57:39PM +0100, Tony Houghton wrote:
> On Fri, 14 May 2010 17:07:11 +0200
> Jakub Wilk <jwilk@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > * Tony Houghton <h@realh.co.uk>, 2010-05-14, 15:41:
> > >Originally I used xsltproc to generate roxterm's man pages, as per
> > >the example in the New Maintainers' Guide, but when I moved the man
> > >pages upstream I got a bug report because the location of
> > >docbook.xsl isn't consistent across OSs
> >
> > Just use
> > http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl
> > instead of the file name. Thanks to XML catalogs, xsltproc _won't_
> > download this file if docbook-xsl is installed.

Are you suggesting to change from:

           override_dh_auto_build:
                   xsltproc --nonet \
                    --param make.year.ranges 1 \
                    --param make.single.year.ranges 1 \
                    --param man.charmap.use.subset 0 \
                    -o debian/ \
             /usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/nwalsh/manpages/docbook.xsl \
                   debian/gentoo.1.xml
                   dh_auto_build

           override_dh_auto_build:
                   xsltproc --nonet \
                    --param make.year.ranges 1 \
                    --param make.single.year.ranges 1 \
                    --param man.charmap.use.subset 0 \
                    -o debian/ \
             http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl \
                   debian/gentoo.1.xml
                   dh_auto_build

???  If this is better, I will change maint-guide.

by the way, this came from dh_make ?

XP     = xsltproc -''-nonet -''-param man.charmap.use.subset "0"
DB2MAN = /usr/share/sgml/docbook/stylesheet/xsl/nwalsh/manpages/docbook.xsl
manpage.1: manpage.xml
        $(XP) $(DB2MAN) $<

If this is better to use http://docbook..... then we should ask dh-make package
to change too.  Then when ever ported or merged into main makefile, we are OK.

> Thanks, that sounds ideal. Should I still use the -nonet option?

FYI: I think I had some other issues which made me not to include text for xmlto.