Re: RFS: ne (updated package)

Hi,

> You adjusted the conflicts/replaces but didn't mention why in debian/changelog.

Fixed.

> The upstream README includes install instructions. I'd suggest asking
> upstream to split them out into README.install since they aren't
> useful in the binary package.

> The upstream CHANGES file looks like it should be renamed to NEWS:
> http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/standards.html#NEWS-File
> http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/standards.html#Change-Logs

I've talked with upstream author and he has changed that.

> The copyright years in debian/copyright need updating.

Updated.

> The -Wall option is not passed to gcc.

Added.

> Despite that, there is one gcc warning (please forward upstream):

> In file included from regex.c:66:
> regex_internal.h:120:1: warning: "__mempcpy" redefined
> In file included from /usr/include/string.h:635,
>                  from regex_internal.h:28,
>                  from regex.c:66:
> /usr/include/bits/string2.h:207:1: warning: this is the location of
> the previous definition

I've created a patch to fix that. Upstream author does not have spare time for that.

> Building twice in a row fails with this error:

> dpkg-source: info: using options from ne-2.1/debian/source/options:
> --compression=bzip2 --compression-level=9
> dpkg-source: info: using source format `3.0 (quilt)'
> dpkg-source: info: building ne using existing ./ne_2.1.orig.tar.gz
> dpkg-source: error: cannot represent change to ne-2.1/src/version.texinfo:
> dpkg-source: error:   new version is symlink to ../doc/version.texinfo
> dpkg-source: error:   old version is nonexistent
> dpkg-source: error: unrepresentable changes to source
> dpkg-buildpackage: error: dpkg-source -b ne-2.1 gave error exit status 2
> debuild: fatal error at line 1330:

I fixed that in target dh_auto_clean.

I upload ne package again, thank you very much for your help, any suggestion is welcome.

dget http://isc.utp.edu.co/~junix/ne_2.1-1.dsc

Kind Regards,

--
Julián Moreno Patiño