Re: Which how to for apt-get repository on CentOS?

On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 3:29 AM, Goswin von Brederlow <goswin-v-b@web.de> wrote:
> Ignacio Valdes <ivaldes@hal-pc.org> writes:
>
>> Does reprepro run on rpm based systems? So far I am not finding that
>> it does. I currently have to use a rpm based repository server for
>> reasons of history... -- IV
>
> Package: reprepro
> Depends: libarchive1 (>= 2.0.25), libbz2-1.0, libc6 (>= 2.7), libdb4.8, libgpg-error0 (>= 1.6-1), libgpgme11 (>= 1.2.0), zlib1g (>= 1:1.2.0.2)
>
> If you have those depends installed then reprepro should work.

Sounds good but after installing the above is this a more or less
hands on reprepro install from source for rpm based systems? No yum or
rpm available for reprepro? yum install says reprepro not available.

> Or do you mean creting a repository that contains rpms for use with apt-rpm?

Not that I know of. Unfortunately my dedicated repository server is
currently running CentOS but needs to serve the Astronaut VistA
install suite for both yum and apt-get.

-- IV