Re: Which how to for apt-get repository on CentOS?

Ignacio Valdes <ivaldes@hal-pc.org> writes:

> Hi all, Building an apt-get repository on CentOS. There seems to be many
> documents on apt-get repository building but they point to many
> different commands like apparently deprecated dpkg-scanfiles, reprepro
> and others. Which one is the correct one? -- IV

I recommend starting with reprepro.  The documentation isn't ideal and it
can be confusing, but it does everything as opposed to requiring you to
stitch together a bunch of separate commands and it's fully capable of
anything you might need.

There are some other, simpler ones tha I forget off-hand that might be
better for smaller repositories (reprepro does have the problem of having
a lot of reprepro make-angels-dance-on-pin sorts of commands where it's
very inobvious when you want to ever run them), but I think reprepro is
the current fully-functional standard for repository management software.