Re: RFS: httpry

On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 23:58:21 +0100, Tim Retout <tim@retout.co.uk> wrote:
> Hmm, yes, the Makefile from upstream is unusual. Okay. Is upstream
> active? You could suggest some improvements to the build system
> (you've already switched it to using "install" in places) and send
> your documentation patch at the same time.

I'm in contact with the upstream author. Currently, httpry is in a
pretty stable version without known bug. Last update was in last
summer and it does its tasks correctly. Thus, no new version is
scheduled at this moment.

> I think you accidentally left an 'httpry.dirs' file in the top-level
> directory this time?

I left httpry.dirs in debian/ because without it the package build
failed. Is it better to use another method ?

> Some of the Perl scripts require DBI, so you might want to add
> "Recommends: libdbi-perl" or something.

Done.

> This is good. You can also remove 'quilt' from Build-Depends, the
> quilt lines from debian/rules, and the README.source file, as Mats
> suggested.

Indeed, I forgot this point in the previous release.

> I've reviewed the copyright a bit more - there are some licences in
> tcp.h which should be quoted in full in debian/copyright.

I update the debian/copyright to include the tcp.h specific license. I
grab into the other file, I didn't notice any other
license/copyright point. I checked other packages and Debian maintainer
to use a best practice. Hope this ok.

I hope the package [01] is cleaner :-)

Thanks for your advice.

Yann.